Monday, November 9, 2009

What has this come to?

So I joined this challenge to do 30 posts in 30 days. Usually, I just blog when things come to me, or when they happen--or when I'm intentionally trying to decipher the words of the Lord. Ok, that last part wasn't true, but I wanted to have a 3rd option. Anyway, now that I've joined this challenge I find myself without thoughts. Or at least, not intriguing thoughts.

Just now I was talking with Ben and he told me about how he called this guy (because he's borrowing something from him) and his ring on his phone was weird and then it went to voicemail, but there was no greeting. Immediately my mind went to, well maybe he's a drug dealer and you need a code. Apparently, I watch too much Law and Order. It's like when I got my N64 and played a lot of perfect dark and would go places and wonder if I could fit through air vents in case of an emergency or if I was fighting off bad people. I'm highly susceptible, but this isn't news.

My race is in 6 days and for some reason, I'm not very nervous. I'm not sure if this is good or bad. I'm leaning towards bad. I haven't been as on top of all of my runs this season. I'm still battling my cold. I don't have any new jeans. (That last one also thrown in for effect because I don't ever want to run in jeans. However, I would like to replace my old trouser jeans and wear them this weekend in San Antonio and I'm having difficulty finding a pair I want online.)

Basically, I'm not sure I'm 30 days of blog posts worthy. I committed to the challenge and I'll attempt to push through. Maybe I'll take an ambien and have a glass of wine and see where my creativity leads. Keep your eyes posted for that one. It should be filled with spelling errors, theme, and gramatical consistency--and probably some oversharing.

Then again you could get lucky this week as I also need to clean my house. Maybe I'll get high on Kaboom-foamtastic.

Ps. I really do like law and order.

No comments: