Thursday, November 12, 2009

It can't be wrong...

When it feels so right.

Today at work we are having a "recipe exchange." What this means is that 2x a year everyone brings fattening delicious recipes and we feast for about 45 minutes. Yum. With our recent health conscious stride we encouraged people to either bring something healthy or to partner with someone else and one person make the fattening version and one person make the healthier version. Let me tell you... these people hate health. The amount of butter I've heard of in a majority of the recipes, along with condensed milk, is amazing crazy.

So what did I do to prepare? Other thank make a delicious cooking light recipe? I didn't eat breakfast. Is this sad? Prepared? Awesome? Maybe a little of all three? Another sad statement... yesterday on the way home I stopped at Taco Cabana and bought queso and tortillas and ate them for dinner. I really wanted to go to happy hour, but hubster had things to do. I'm not sure that counts for justification or not, but it's the truth.

So for the last week I just haven't been super hungry (except for queso). I've been on my meds for this cold/allergy madness and I think it's affecting my appetite. I'm not going to super complain except for the fact that I really like eating. I couldn't even finish my ONE roll on Monday night when we went for weekly sushi. Granted, we have had tortilla chips at work all week and I keep walking by and taking a handful... so it isn't that I'm not getting enough calories everyday, just not the good ones.

Chances of me eating a stick of butter and a lb of bacon today? Pretty high.

(concern. Spell check does not recognize "queso."

No comments: