Friday, November 6, 2009

Why???

SO I always have the thought that it wouldn't be so bad to be sick--think of the luxury, some time off, some time on the couch, a lot of rest. Then it happens--not quite the way I imagined. Yesterday I started feeling bad. This morning I decided I'd go to the doctor because I MUST be better for my marathon next weekend. I'm relatively sure the same thing happened at the same time last season. (Which still leads me to believe that running marathons makes me sick.)

What I find though... is that I can lay on the couch, but laundry still piles up, the house gets messy, I don't really watch much tv, and I miss vital things (like dinner with friends.) I'm not very good at being lazy. (I'm not very good at running marathons either, but that's neither here nor there.)

So the next time I'm thinking of a little sickness--maybe you should remind me that it's not all it's cracked up to be kind of like the first, last episode of Scrubs.

No comments: