Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm a user.


I'm a user of the DC. I was reading about it today and how bad/not bad it is for you--you know, because everyone has an opinion. There are so many stupid people on the internet. There are people saying that 3-4 sodas a day is no problem, and people who say that you "use" diet coke.
I find myself in neither category. I don't need a fix. I don't get the shakes, but I do enjoy a little caffeine in the mornings (and sometimes in the afternoons.) (and sometimes in my adult beverages.)
So one a day... what's the verdict? What's your vice?

2 comments:

Jill said...

It's good you don't have a diet coke monkey on your back! My vice is regular coke. I cannot live without it and have attempted at kicking the habit a few times to no avail.

SpeasHill said...

I'm conflicted on the caffeine issue. Not that I think it's horrible or anything - I just can't figure out what the best amount/timing is for me. You know I sleep horribly. So I'm tired a lot. So I want caffeine. And it's nice when I have it. Until I try to sleep again. I'm crazy-sensitive to caffeine, so even if I have a coke (which is usually a Dr. Pepper or DDP or a combo of DC and DP) at lunch, it can still work its magic 10 hours later. I tried a cup of coffee in the morning for a while, but when we started trying to get preggers, I decided to save my caffeine allotment (300 mg) for the real deal - chocolate.