Thursday, November 5, 2009

a woman of your age.

So it's November (and still like 80 degrees here. Suck!) November also is the time of the year that I have ALLLLLLL of my doctors appointments. Physical, yearly, eye doc etc. (Ok. Just those 3, but it's a lot.)

Yesterday was my eye doc appointment. My eyes have gotten worse as I had feared from the recent blurring of the computer screen. I also apparently have dry eyes (which I've heard before) and for a woman of "my age" something something something... I quit listening because he said, "A woman of your age!" The nerve. Does he not realize that I haven't even been 30 for 2 weeks! Apparently he does not know that you don't say this to women of my age. Perhaps I'll send an anonymous note?

Dear Dr. Dotson,

I appreciate you and your polo shirts and very advanced technology at your office. However, when you mention the words "woman of your age" it makes me feel old. I am not old even though the old women at my office believe I should have three kids by now. I am young. I am able. Please offer me some wrinkle cream next time I'm in... or perhaps some bifocals and a werthers original.

Love,
a concerned and aging patient.

PS. I just went to the grocery store to buy some soup (and have a cold) and sneezed on myself. Twice. I'm a hot mess.

No comments: