Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bull fights equal illness

So on Tuesdays my running group meets up to run hills. I typically do not join because
1. I do not like hills.
2. I hate traffic and I hate stupid people who are inevitably on the road at 6pm. It's usually too far away from my house
But, starting last week and this week it is closer and the course is FLAT, (thank you Tom Cruise,) because we are in our downward spiral to the marathon!

Last night I convinced one of my friends from last season to join us because we were going to a girls night afterwards (and who likes to show up sweaty and alone?) We go, she only makes it half way and goes back. I am running and about 1/4 mile from our end point when....this happens.
I wasn't bull fighting. Nothing of the sort. I wasn't running from the law or large animal with snot and hot breath and horrible hygiene chasing me. No, just simply running and not noticing a speed bump. Then, in slow motion, I watched myself skid to the ground. I scuffed up my hand and my knee--like in third grade.

Now I'm not going to say that these things are related but--today I feel like crap. Sore throat which KILLS when I sneeze. Stuffy ears.

What I think the universe is telling me is that running gives you bruises, makes you sweaty, and most likely gives you a cold--just like bull fighting.

2 comments:

SpeasHill said...

Sad! I hope you heal quickly - on all levels. :)

p.s. I might or might not have injured myself multiple times walking up stairs.

Cate said...

I ran today for the first time in three years. If I get a cold in the next couple of days, we'll know your theory is sound!