Monday, March 29, 2010

FIRE!

Sometimes I shock my husband by my actions-ok, maybe more than sometimes. It's part of my charm. (I like to use this phrase when I know I'm weird. Accept it. Move on.)

Our bestest couple friends had their baby this last week and it KILLED Ben to not be able to be there. SO, we got up on Saturday and headed to Dallas. We also got to go to a surprise bday party for one of my college roomies. Great to see the look on her face. Then we had some baby time. Then we went to bed. We got up at a decent time on Sunday AM. Well, I got up at a decent time and Ben woke up to my tapping him on the face and staring until he was awake enough to hang out with me. We went to the little coffee shop by his parents house for a drink and a pastry (YUM) before continuing our journey back to Austin.

This is when it happened (or at least the first time it happened that day.) We are sitting in said coffee shop. Sunday readers all around us. Eating our delightful pastries and the U2 song where they yell FIRE is on and I'm singing along (in my head) and it gets to that part and I sing it outloud--like loud loud. Ben's face turns red. He stares at me. I'm confused as to how this confuses him. I think I withold the random crazy from erupting pretty well so maybe he forgets.

I continued the trend the rest of the day. I like to think that I'm bringing joy to SOMEONE by my antics. Sunday Funday.

I also questioned Ben to what it feels like to wake up not hungover so often. I think it makes him sad.

No comments: