Thursday, March 25, 2010

Multi-tasking

This week at my conference I had a woman say that even when I'm simply breathing--I'm multi-tasking. There is no break. You are tired.

Agreed. Also slightly overwhelmed. I'm tired. I got even more so when I looked at my calendar this morning and realized that basically until May I'm out of town every weekend. Um, when do I get to nest? Like a week before our baby comes? I'm also out of town for about 2 weeks in May. I know that people travel for a living--I am not one of those people. It makes me tired. I hate to only be home enough to clean my house and do laundry. I would like to see the friends in the city I live in--that or it's time to transition cities.

We LOVE that many of our friends and family are ONLY 3 hours away! YAY! It used to be 13. However, 3 hours is quite a bit of driving in a small car with 2 dogs and constantly thinking about other things you need to do. I realize my life isn't so bad. I get it. But, it's MY life and that doesn't take away that it's real.

I was so excited about sleeping in my own bed last night with a FAN. Oh, God Bless the fan! I've been without one for a week. (I like the noise, the air, the everything about it.) I still didn't sleep through the night. The bed is too small. The snoring is too loud. I have to sit up to roll over--not because of the baby, but because there isn't room to roll over. I can only imagine that this will get worse.

Basically, I'm Debbie Downer today. I'm stressed. I'm tired. I need a nap.

5.5 months and I still haven't heard about my maternity leave. So... any of you guys want to keep our un-named baby for free? He'll be 8 weeks old so totally on schedule, sleeping through the night, potty trained etc. It should be easy. Maybe we can begin training Maggie to be a service dog?

No comments: