Thursday, March 11, 2010

And I'm awake...

and it's 3:30 and I've been up for hours. I went to bed early because I was just exhausted today. I slept for maybe two hours before Ben came to bed. I wake up, scoot over, then the snoring begins. I very very sweetly say Ben's name (to alert him of the situation.) He stops. Rolls over. Jacks me in the back with his elbows and is sleeping on top of me. This seems to be the situation as of late. Our bed is too small. This is not news. This is reality. I get up and go to the guest room--but alas, can't sleep.

This could be related to the fact that I got a chocolate milk shake on my way home from work. It made me very urpy and so I didn't eat dinner. So, I suppose I'm hungry. Then I start thinking of all of the things I need to do this weekend, food I need to buy... mmm what sounds good? I got up and decided I was going to make eggs--we don't have any. Fine, I'll eat the last bowl of cereal--it's been thrown out. Yah. So, now I'm up and starving.

Unfortunately/Fortunately we bought a crib yesterday! This means that for the rest of my life I never get to purchase anything for myself. Including a new couch. I'm trying to come up with ways to have a child and have that child never ever touch our couch. I would eat 3 cadbury eggs in order to get a new couch. This is a drastic statement y'all. I HATE them. They make me want to vomit. And, I don't vomit--ever.

The crib is amazing. It's exactly what I wanted. It will also turn into a full sized bed. So you know, in like 2-3 years, this child will have a bed the same size as his/her parents. Difference? the child will have an ass ton of room to sleep. Basically, I sleep in a crib.

We find out on FRIDAY MORNING what we're having!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

As a blogger myself, I know how hard it is to put yourself out there and still be creative. I just wanted to say you are doing a great job :-)

Lisa