Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Stupid Comment Wednesday?

Apparently, we are also in need of stupid comment Wednesday. I would like to save this for Tuesday, but I'm sure I'll have so many more stupid comments that they'll pile up and I'll forget them. So it's best to not inact delay of gratification.

Just now I was walking to the ladies room (must walk through the kitchen) and there two colleagues were standing talking.
One said, "Look at her all changing clothes and getting fat."
Me: Keep walking silently
Her: "I mean fat in a good way."
Me: "Riiight."

Um, it is not as if I change clothes in the bathroom at lunch period, and then change back after school so my mom won't know. What kind of comment is that?

I also despise the term fat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my .. people can be so rude... turn your head and razz them next time and throw some sass their way.

Smile the weekend is almost here..

Abby said...

sadly, I would say this in a sarcastic voice...sorry friend!

Loosy said...

They are jealous. You are going to be a MOM!!! OMG. A 19 week belated congrats!!!!! How very, very exciting. I can't wait to follow your journey from prego into mommyhood. I'm so happy you're joining mommyhood...It's the best hood ever.

SpeasHill said...

Holy-friggin'-crap! What an awful thing to say, no matter what the circumstances! Stupid people. Sometimes your posts make me wonder about Texas Methodists. :)

BUT - congrats on 19 weeks! Here's a BeccaCenter size update: your baby is now as long as Becca was at birth!